Saturday, November 25, 2006

Astronomy Classroom - Just What is Up There?

Since I don't have access to the night sky in my classroom :) One of my favourite homework tasks is to get the kids talking about astronomy. About 3 times a year I send home the month's Sky Map. The children learn so much and it is nice to get a little awe and wonder into the curriculum. The activity always creates heaps of discussion.

Soon you'll be able to print out December's chart for either the Northern Hemisphere of the Southern Hemisphere
(That discussion in itself is often a good starter hehehehe).

Check out how I use the Sky Maps and where to get them here

Little Hint - Work out why East and West are on the wrong sides & explain it. This will save you a fair bit of time later on :)

cheers

Adrian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home