Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pageflakes - The Coolest Possible Homepage

On this Web 2 application you can mash up your Gmail, Blog Feeds, Latest Flickr Photo tag Feeds, Podcast Feeds, Sends free SMS PLUS over 106 other things. I've spent ages playing with Pageflakes.com and I'm hooked.

I feel like I'm creating the perfect homepage just for me. You just log in and begin customizing straight away. You can pretty much pull in all your favourite parts of the web to a few pages.


To name but a few...
* keep up to date with your latest blogs feeds - teachers check out the Librarians Page
* have del.ic.ious (latest bookmarks on favourite topics) delivered
* listen to podcasts
* watch You Tube video
* add your favourite search engines
* add a clock or lava lamp :) - only if you really want to
* have Flickr photos import straight into the page on any topic you want
* add a dictionary and a language translator
* access your g-mail from this page (but not your free Yahoo mail yet),
* subscribe to already existing templates (right at the bottom of the page) eg The Librarians' Feed has heaps of stuff for the modern librarian to keep up to date with info tech. The Student template has tools that might be of use to high school kids.

When you click Add Pageflage, make sure you check out the 160 options and the templates at the bottom.

Oh.... and then you can share your page with everyone else.

Check out what I'm talking about at this page I just set up.
http://www.pageflakes.com/hey_ad.ashx

Have fun with it!

Adrian B
http://www.adrianbruce.com

3 Comments:

At November 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great tips on Page Flakes today at SJS. I have a really cool one now. The IT world for kids is inspiring and it makes me want to learn so much more! Lesleigh

 
At November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time Monday at the SJS inservice. I went home and with my kids created some wonderful things with Pageflakes. My 16 year old daughter is hooked too and busy creating her own page. Thanks for the wonderful ideas and your great expertise. Regards Judy

 
At February 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for inspiring me to waste 3 hours tonight when I should have been writing an action research paper. I'm kidding, I love your site! Thank you:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home