Thursday, June 21, 2007

The New Ipod, Ebay and Procrastination

About 6 months ago I was avoiding some of my work by reading a book on time management. hehehehe. One of the strategies the book suggested to help avoid procrastinating was to make the activity 'a little more enjoyable'. I've found that writing reports, programming or annotating writing samples is a little easier to face with a bit of music on in the background.

Then my Ipod died. I was lost. Now courtesy of Ebay I have a new one. I bought a 30gig one for about $70 cheaper than I could in any of the shops. Now I'm back to downloading my favourite podcasts and playing them at my son's soccer practice and in the car on the way to work. I then pop on some music while working on my website or marking at my desk at school. The Ipod has meant that I can take some professional development anywhere.

(My Ipod playing the audio book of Freedman's 'The World is Flat' whilst at my son's all day soccer carnival - only 2 chapters to go)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home