Monday, May 21, 2007

Illustration Software - Corel? Adobe? Na... Inkscape

Inkscape is a free piece of illustration software that is a nice stepping stone to the more professional packages like Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator.

In my experience, children do not need to be dropped into the deep end of top end packages as the use they make of the software can't really justify the cost.

I use Inkscape for teaching cartooning with my students. The 'calligraphic tool' is fantastic for getting a nice feel to the lines you create.

Download the software through my Illustration Software page and read some of my 'Tips and Tricks' for using it while you are there.

cheers

Adrian

PS The next version of Inkscape is going to have a 'Paint Bucket Tool' which will be a welcome addition.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home