Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Motivational Poster for Your Wall

motivational posterEvery now and again you run across a child (or an adult for that matter) that their initial reaction to any problem is 'I can't'. I'm sure there are many reasons for this, but in the end the person wants you to do the work for them. 'I can't' is a way that they have manipulated people around them and you often find that it has been a very successful strategy for them and that's why they use it with their teachers, parents and other students.

In order to be proactive in overcoming this 'learned helplessness' I try to build the message on this motivational poster into the classroom culture.

'If you are tempted to say I can't, have the courage to add YET'

See how you go with it.

Adrian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home