Saturday, December 02, 2006

Word Game for Reading & Writing Skills

When learning to read and write, auditory discrimination is an important skill. Many people focus heavily on the initial sound in a word and often the final consonant sound gets overlooked. The newest word game on my site, developed by Billy in Ireland, focuses on the final sound of a word. e.g. 'g' as in 'dog'

This game was my first attempt at developing all the illustrations myself using my new Wacom tablet. The learning curve has been pretty steep but in the end I am rather pleased with the results.

A special thanks has to go to Linda from Wacom Australia for pointing me in the right direction to solve my brush problem :)

4 Comments:

At December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Adrian,

I love the way you've use your own drawings in this game. You've saved me haps of time. Keep up the good work and I'll be back soon for some more games.

Emma in London

 
At April 07, 2007, Blogger Anamel said...

Hi, Adrian!

Really great your games! I must confess that I dont't have the time ti use them all with my students because here in Portugal we have a specific curriculum to teach to first graders but I sometimes adjust them to my classes and the studens are loving it and learning a lot! I must confess that I sort of envy your skills with web pages, I am a freshman on this kind of web blogs and sites but I learn a bit more every day and I must say that you should be very proud of your effort and good work.

Congratulations!! :))

Zelia in Portugal

 
At February 18, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for these Go Fish games with sight words. They were so useful in my remedial reading class that I ran off another set for the EC teacher in my school. Thanks again.

 
At March 17, 2009, Blogger Audrey Nay said...

Adrian, I printed some of your wonderful games out today to show our teachers. Although excited some of them pointed out that I would need to print them onto carboard to make them ready sturdy even when laminated. Talk about fussy! It is a good idea though!
Cheers :-)Audrey from Sandy Beach near Woolgoolga, NSW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home