Monday, July 09, 2007

Keeping in Touch with Skype

I must admit I'm a 'newbie' to Skype but in the last couple of weeks have found it invaluable. I'm currently doing some work on the Gold Coast in Queensland and used it to have a video conference with my son.

A couple of weeks ago I gave an interview on the Virtual Staffroom podcast and this morning I used it to hook up with a Kiwi E-Learning Adviser Rochelle Jensen. We discussed all sorts of stuff including: pedagogy, professional development ideas, time management, goal setting, creative processes and (on a much lighter note) the role of red wine in directing the life long learner hehehehe

A little later in the year I'll be using Skype to do a keynote for a group of teachers in Perth. I'm looking forward to the challenges that this will present immensely.

cheers

Adrian

Oh, and I guess my point is that Skype is a great tool and I'm sure you can find heaps of uses for it both personally and professionally.

1 Comments:

At August 14, 2007, Blogger Mr Harrington said...

Skype is great for discussion globally - We here in Wales have held Skype conversations with teachers and pupils in New Zealand, Italy and Estonia - schools without walls rule :)
Mr Harrington
Cefn Fforest Primary School

 

Post a Comment

<< Home