Monday, October 02, 2006

Charity?


Every now and then I receive an email about how people are using the reading resources available on my site that leaves me humbled.
This is one of those emails.

Your games are fantastic. I have only just found them.
I am giving a workshop to some disadvantaged teachers
who work under terrible conditions in the rural townships
in South Africa and they asked me for some games that
they can play with the children (usually 50 children in a class, no computers and no photostat machine. Writing in the sand is not uncommon. Your games will go a long way to helping them learn to read.

Kind of makes you think the whole thing is worthwhile. Especially when you are having a 'bad day'. An email like this can put it all into perspective for you ;)

cheers

Adrian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home