Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Improving Reading Comprehension with 3 Level Guides

When running guided reading sessions I like to have this collection of question stems beside me to improve reading comprehension. Personally I use this resource to prompt me to ask 'better' or maybe 'a better variety' of questions about a narrative text.

There are 3 pages of prompts available here so feel free to download them as a little professional development on knowledge based questions :)

One day soon I'll find my prompts for the 'Hidden' and 'Head' aspects of of the strategy :)

cheers

Adrian

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Adrian. I have been using these in my class and can't wait for the other two (hidden and head) posters to be available.
I know they will be just as valuable.
Rita

 
At October 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I developed the 3H strategy when I was at grad school in Vancouver, Canada. Great to see it used . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home