Friday, April 13, 2007

Are Teachers Really 'Writers'?

One of my dearest friends and I have been discussing (for almost 20 years now) the fact that teachers are required to teach 'Writing' to our classes, but seldom could we be classed as "writers" in any other sense than 'functionally literate' individuals. It is an interesting debate that I'm sure we will continue tomorrow night at his birthday party ;) esp given that his dad (an ex-principal) will have more than just a little input.

Aside to Sean... So dear friend, happy birthday (it is just a number... albeit a large one) and I look forward to many other discussions that may arise from your birthday present from me. A 3 day pass to the Byron Writers' Festival.

NB I've cleared it with your wife and you are free to attend the festival and then bunk down at my place.

cheers

Ad

PS (Do you think I use brackets too much?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home