Sunday, May 20, 2007

How to Make 3d Shapes


I think every child goes through school making all the usual 3d shapes eg cubes, prisms and pyramids. Some even get to explore the Platonic solids, but very few students get to explore the really, really interesting 3d shapes like the Great Stellated Dodecahedron :)

Your challenge is to open your students' eyes to the world of Maths and let them see that it has lots of interesting things to show them.
(as well as some rather dull stuff hehehehe)

Today I've added a page to my website with heaps of ideas for making 3d shapes. There are links to 3d shape nets, tips and tricks for making better 3d shapes as well as a link off to a great page that has nets for some really out there shapes such as the Small Icosihemidodecahedron, the Pentagonal Dipyramid and many, many more.

Have fun with it!

Adrian B
NB My blog is up for an award and I'm currently coming 3rd and only need 28 more votes to hit second. If your students learnt a little something from this task, feel free to cast a vote my way :)


Edu-bloggers Award

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home